(Last Revision: February 17, 2014)
Thank you for visiting SavOn Convenience Stores. SavOn is operated by SavOn, LLC (“SavOn, “we”, “us” or “our”), a governmental instrumentality organized by, and existing under the laws of, the Oneida Indian Nation, a sovereign Indian nation.
We value our guests and recognize the importance of your personal privacy. This policy provides you with details on SavOn’s privacy practices with respect to the information we collect from/about you as a result of your interactions with us.
1. Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
We do not collect personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us or otherwise agree that we may collect it, including, without limitation, when you: (a) register for our VIP Club to receive exclusive deals by mail and/or e-mail; (b) download and use our mobile application; (c) register to receive coupons and deal alerts; (d) otherwise agree to receive special offers, promotional information and other communications from SavOn; (e) respond to a survey; (f) play games; (g) enter a promotion; or (h) contact us with questions, comments or concerns.
The type of personal information you may be asked to provide, or we may collect, includes information such as your name, nickname, date of birth, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, location and/or Turning Stone Resort Casino loyalty program account number.
We may use your personal information to: (a) administer a promotion you entered; (b) administer the Turning Stone Resort Casino loyalty rewards program; (c) for our own marketing purposes, such as notifying you of special offers, promotions and events via e-mail, text message, postal mail, phone and other means, if you opt-in to receive these types of communications, (d) show you the SavOn Convenience Store locations nearest to you; (e) better understand who our guests/visitors are and how they use our website, products, services, programs, promotions and other offerings; (f) improve our customer service, our website, and the products, services, programs, promotions and other offerings available to you; (g) respond to any questions, comments or concerns you may have; (h) in accordance with any other consent you have given us; and/or (i) as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations, valid court order, or the terms and conditions applicable to our website, our programs or the Turning Stone Resort Casino loyalty program.
We engage other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as distributing communications to you, hosting and/or maintaining our website, maintaining our databases and other information technology systems, performing website and guest analytics, and for various other purposes for which it may be necessary to provide them with your personal information. These parties are not authorized to use your personal information other than as necessary to provide these services on our behalf.
If you sign up for the Turning Stone Resort Casino loyalty program, we may share your personal information with our business partners as necessary to administer the program (e.g. so you can redeem points earned at SavOn for products or services purchased at Turning Stone Resort Casino, and vice versa). These business partners may only use your personal information for purposes of administering the loyalty program.
If you opt-in, we may also share your personal information with our business partners for their own or joint marketing purposes. We encourage you to read any privacy policies made available to you by our business partners to better understand how they may, in turn, protect and use your personal information.
We may also share your personal information with third parties if we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or valid court order, or to protect our guests, employees, our property, the property of our business partners or the public from harm. Additionally, in the event of a business restructuring (such as a sale, merger or reorganization of our business or transfer of our assets), we may share your personal information with third parties that are a part of that transaction.
2. Non-Personal or Aggregate Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you use our website or interact with us in other ways described below, we may collect and record certain non-personally identifiable information. For example:
- Browsing History. When you visit our website, like when you visit most other websites, certain information about your visit is automatically logged, such as server name, browser type and IP address through which you access the Internet, the date and time you accessed our website, the pages you visited, and the internet address of the website, if any, from which you linked directly to our website.
- Cookies. We or our service providers may use “cookies” and similar technologies to help us recognize and serve you better. “Cookies” are small data files that may be placed and stored on your computer hard drive or device. They assign the computer or device a unique identifier so that we can recognize it when you return to our website. Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us provide you with a customized experience without you having to remind us who you are, or what your preferences are, each time you return. The cookies we use are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive or device. The Help feature on most Internet browsers will tell you how to block cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to delete cookies altogether. If you block or delete cookies, however, you may not be able to use some of the features of our website. In addition, blocking or deleting browser cookies may not block or delete other types of cookies.
- Other Technologies.We may also collect data by using web beacons, clear gifs, pixel tags or similar means, which will tell us when you visit our website andallow us to anonymously track usage and other web activity information. Non-personal information such as the areas of the website you visit, your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you visited from, can be identified, which can be used by us to enhance your online experience.
- Location Data. If you access our website via a mobile device, we might collect information about your actual physical location via GPS signals or other similar technology. The information collected will be anonymous, unless you give us your consent to collect personal information using this technology. Most devices can be configured to disable GPS type technology.
3. Individuals Under Age 13
We do not solicit personal information from individuals under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian of an individual under the age of 13 and believe that we have collected personal information from him/her without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will use all reasonable efforts to delete his/her information from our marketing database.
SavOn and OpenStore have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures in an effort to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use. However, although we strive to protect the security of your personal information and our computer systems, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be completely safe from unauthorized access or improper use (e.g. by hackers). By submitting personal information to us, you assume this risk.
Also, because we cannot enforce or control the security of the computers, devices or service providers (e.g. email or cell phone providers) you use to send personal information to us over the Internet, we are not responsible for the disclosure or interception of information you send before we receive it. For your own privacy, we recommend that you not include sensitive personal information (such as credit card data) in any email you may send to us.
5. Links to Other Websites
6. Updating Your Contact Information; Opting-Out
If you need to update any contact information we have on file for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you previously elected to receive marketing communications from us or our business partners and subsequently wish to opt-out, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please note that there may be a brief delay between when you submit your request to opt-out and when it is processed and reflected in our systems, so you may continue to receive communications from us for a limited time after you unsubscribe. We appreciate your patience as we process your request.